Affiliate Note: Hi, friends! Just a a quick reminder - some of the links on this site are affiliate links, and so I may earn a little cash on qualifying orders. It doesn't cost you anything extra, and is a nice way to help support this site! I also want to point out that I don't promote products I haven't actually tried or products that I don't trust. :)
In this episode of the Healthy Gamer Girl podcast, I talk about fixing upper back pain, which is brought on us all by that typical hunched computer posture.
Links to resources after the jump!
- Katy Bowman on sitting – http://www.katysays.com/thinking-outside-the-classroom-chair/
- Back Stretches based on the Gokhale Method – http://www.treehugger.com/health/5-simple-back-pain-exercises-relief.html
- Video of Esther Gokhale on “primal posture” from the Ancestral Health Symposium – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkWtO6He7VM
- Robb Wolf’s advice on kyphosis – http://robbwolf.com/2013/10/01/episode-202/
- edit 1: it’s NorCal Strength and Conditioning, not whatever I said
- edit 2: they used quarter pound plates, not magazines, to help “fix” a client’s kyphosis
- Gaiam Foam Roller
- Smaller back roller, also by Gaiam, that provides an excellent tissue massage